In this DPTV documentary, host Cynthia Canty talks to school administrators and other educators about their approaches to suicide prevention, the programs and practices that have proven effective and what resources they need to ensure the mental health and well-being of their students.
Featured are leading experts and advocates in the field:
- Dr. Brian Ahmedani, Chair of the Michigan Suicide Prevention Commission
- Alycia Meriweather, Deputy Superintendent of Detroit Public School Community District
- Seth Hoopingarner, Principal of Ishpeming Middle and High School
- JoJo Klinger, a parent who lost a son to suicide and has been active in the cause of suicide prevention ever since
- Dr. Jackie Sanderlin, an author and educator, who has worked to reduce trauma and teen suicide, particularly in urban schools
- Patrick Watson, Superintendent of Bloomfield Hills Schools
This crucial conversation is part of a yearlong campaign by Detroit Public Television, Kevin’s Song and The Children’s Foundation.